The Generik.KHEKNPS is considered dangerous by lots of security experts. When this infection is active, you may notice unwanted processes in Task Manager list. In this case, it is adviced to scan your computer with GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
What Generik.KHEKNPS virus can do?
- Executable code extraction
- Injection (inter-process)
- Injection (Process Hollowing)
- Compression (or decompression)
- Creates RWX memory
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (12 unique times)
- At least one IP Address, Domain, or File Name was found in a crypto call
- Expresses interest in specific running processes
- Reads data out of its own binary image
- A process created a hidden window
- Drops a binary and executes it
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic
- Performs some HTTP requests
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Arabic (Oman)
- Looks up the external IP address
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality
- Executed a process and injected code into it, probably while unpacking
- Detects Sandboxie through the presence of a library
- Detects Avast Antivirus through the presence of a library
- Forces a created process to be the child of an unrelated process
- Queries information on disks, possibly for anti-virtualization
- Checks for the presence of known windows from debuggers and forensic tools
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task by a long amount of time.
- Tries to unhook or modify Windows functions monitored by Cuckoo
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config
- Steals private information from local Internet browsers
- Network activity contains more than one unique useragent.
- Creates a hidden or system file
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by installation directory
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a registry key
- Attempts to modify proxy settings
- Attempts to disable Windows Defender
- Attempts to create or modify system certificates
- Collects information to fingerprint the system
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities
How to determine Generik.KHEKNPS?
File Info:crc32: A5CE3352md5: a0b06be5d5272aa4fcf2261ed257ee06name: A0B06BE5D5272AA4FCF2261ED257EE06.mlwsha1: 596c955b854f51f462c26b5eb94e1b6161aad83csha256: 475d0beeadca13ecdfd905c840297e53ad87731dc911b324293ee95b3d8b700bsha512: 1eb6b9df145b131d03224e9bb7ed3c6cc87044506d848be14d3e4c70438e575dbbd2a0964b176281b1307469872bd6404873974475cd91eb6f7534d16ceff702ssdeep: 24576:FuY8giPqpUaA9WiJanFCgB057R2mnTwikKAq:k+iCm6EbTLkJqtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright (C) 2021InternalName: SoftTime.exeFileVersion: 220.127.116.11CompanyName: AmazonProductName: SoftTimeProductVersion: 18.104.22.168FileDescription: SoftTimeOriginalFilename: SoftTime.exeTranslation: 0x0400 0x04b0
Generik.KHEKNPS also known as:
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Generik.KHEKNPS|
How to remove Generik.KHEKNPS?
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Open GridinSoft Anti-Malware and perform a “Standard scan“.
- “Move to quarantine” all items.
- Open “Tools” tab – Press “Reset Browser Settings“.
- Select proper browser and options – Click “Reset”.
- Restart your computer.