The PUA:Win32/uTorrent is considered dangerous by lots of security experts. When this infection is active, you may notice unwanted processes in Task Manager list. In this case, it is adviced to scan your computer with GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
What PUA:Win32/uTorrent virus can do?
- Presents an Authenticode digital signature
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (7 unique times)
- At least one IP Address, Domain, or File Name was found in a crypto call
- Starts servers listening on 0.0.0.0:28438, :0, 127.0.0.1:10000
- Reads data out of its own binary image
- Drops a binary and executes it
- Creates an excessive number of UDP connection attempts to external IP addresses
- Performs some HTTP requests
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.
- The executable is compressed using UPX
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config
- Steals private information from local Internet browsers
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup
- Detects the presence of Wine emulator via registry key
- Attempts to modify proxy settings
- Attempts to modify browser security settings
- Creates a copy of itself
- Generates some ICMP traffic
How to determine PUA:Win32/uTorrent?
File Info:crc32: A73FF0BFmd5: 3978831ad0f9b61b4e8fbbff21b2e365name: utorrent-3.1.2.exesha1: 73ba69b5d0004239a709af5db57c88c9d9c8f7b2sha256: 4ba79faf1c6c2e62ac70335a87e221f30cdb2e7e58727227c83247a2c59c348esha512: 075c3a3399327e361401214ec6fc5dd2769f001cf1b184204d6548904fc1634a9e835b8dd2f4d34c1f6323b1ad3934b63091c2d213b943379caef5a96031f7eassdeep: 12288:cLgW5C3tl91Q3059ZHsGycUMrsytJaURLwnK4SNcxuYTCffA0y9Uy/xaoSlB:cLTCd1we9ZHki3ePn1SNc4FPk+Btype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:LegalCopyright: xa92012 BitTorrent, Inc. All Rights Reserved.InternalName: uTorrent.exeFileVersion: 188.8.131.52821CompanyName: BitTorrent, Inc.ProductName: xb5TorrentProductVersion: 184.108.40.206821FileDescription: xb5TorrentOriginalFilename: uTorrent.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04e4
PUA:Win32/uTorrent also known as:
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/uTorrent.D potentially unwanted|
How to remove PUA:Win32/uTorrent?
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Open GridinSoft Anti-Malware and perform a “Standard scan“.
- “Move to quarantine” all items.
- Open “Tools” tab – Press “Reset Browser Settings“.
- Select proper browser and options – Click “Reset”.
- Restart your computer.