The Win32/uTorrent.C potentially unwanted is considered dangerous by lots of security experts. When this infection is active, you may notice unwanted processes in Task Manager list. In this case, it is adviced to scan your computer with GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
What Win32/uTorrent.C potentially unwanted virus can do?
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (3 unique times)
- Presents an Authenticode digital signature
- Detected script timer window indicative of sleep style evasion
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.
- Network anomalies occured during the analysis.
- Reads data out of its own binary image
- A process created a hidden window
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic
- Performs some HTTP requests
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.
- The executable is compressed using UPX
- Executed a very long command line or script command which may be indicative of chained commands or obfuscation
- A scripting utility was executed
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality
- Detects the presence of Wine emulator via registry key
- Attempts to modify proxy settings
- Generates some ICMP traffic
How to determine Win32/uTorrent.C potentially unwanted?
File Info:crc32: 6C20A834md5: cb8f6fa7e6452fcf9d996c02acc157d0name: utorrent.45533.installer.exesha1: 76567face1599627815ea6058f50498c4e063846sha256: 61bfd3987836f6a3848c02e973e4d41ca5ecf74b4990f540cb937dd1a9a9042bsha512: d6a8d61fbab8d75b2c630e5b7896e49ce4292d9efb02d832e32e885199aa964dc23d496d712ea1abe32781e4dc271186f0f03f8d75894bd47972ffd307e7659assdeep: 49152:3KX8kayG6PV+ORBEh80x/sOECz1ddfdyWKdww:3KXZ66cORBNOEK1dbykwtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, UPX compressed
Version Info:LegalCopyright: xa92019 BitTorrent, Inc. All Rights Reserved.InternalName: uTorrent.exeFileVersion: 18.104.22.168533CompanyName: BitTorrent Inc.SpecialBuild: releaseProductName: xb5TorrentProductVersion: 22.214.171.124533FileDescription: xb5TorrentOriginalFilename: uTorrent.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04e4
Win32/uTorrent.C potentially unwanted also known as:
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/uTorrent.C potentially unwanted|
How to remove Win32/uTorrent.C potentially unwanted?
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Open GridinSoft Anti-Malware and perform a “Standard scan“.
- “Move to quarantine” all items.
- Open “Tools” tab – Press “Reset Browser Settings“.
- Select proper browser and options – Click “Reset”.
- Restart your computer.