The Win32/WebCompanion.B potentially unwanted is considered dangerous by lots of security experts. When this infection is active, you may notice unwanted processes in Task Manager list. In this case, it is adviced to scan your computer with GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
What Win32/WebCompanion.B potentially unwanted virus can do?
- Presents an Authenticode digital signature
- Creates RWX memory
- At least one IP Address, Domain, or File Name was found in a crypto call
- Reads data out of its own binary image
- Drops a binary and executes it
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time
- Attempts to create or modify system certificates
How to determine Win32/WebCompanion.B potentially unwanted?
File Info:crc32: 843A474Emd5: 54bc35daa7c5786d9f90e76c485fd166name: adaware_installer.exesha1: 5876b36f21c31a3d6e4091b19e844f2d74a31026sha256: e347458f42ca291208630ea896232b789abdffa4b14cb765db56b8c307ee6d25sha512: 4b68e95316c702ca605b20b18ff068ed5ace297f469842094f8423bf2b0045211175025e043a6c4e8fd0d3709609cd2e27b1b2123d30d6d96b8f2dbaa0aff3ffssdeep: 98304:eG5QgYLJjVhl3Dz11y0dN7suNETzsvmWhdG3Uet6:eG5ILJjBv1t5S4vmwGkntype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: xa9 adawareInternalName: adawarewebinstaller.exeFileVersion: 12.6.1005.11662CompanyName: adawareProductName: Adaware SuiteProductVersion: 12.6.1005.11662FileDescription: adaware web installerOriginalFilename: adawarewebinstaller.exeTranslation: 0x0409 0x04b0
Win32/WebCompanion.B potentially unwanted also known as:
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/WebCompanion.B potentially unwanted|
How to remove Win32/WebCompanion.B potentially unwanted?
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Open GridinSoft Anti-Malware and perform a “Standard scan“.
- “Move to quarantine” all items.
- Open “Tools” tab – Press “Reset Browser Settings“.
- Select proper browser and options – Click “Reset”.
- Restart your computer.