The Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi.F is considered dangerous by lots of security experts. When this infection is active, you may notice unwanted processes in Task Manager list. In this case, it is adviced to scan your computer with GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
What Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi.F virus can do?
- Executable code extraction
- Creates RWX memory
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (6 unique times)
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic
- Performs some HTTP requests
- Unconventionial language used in binary resources: Arabic (Tunisia)
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.
- Checks for the presence of known windows from debuggers and forensic tools
- Attempts to repeatedly call a single API many times in order to delay analysis time
- Steals private information from local Internet browsers
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup
- Creates a hidden or system file
- Attempts to identify installed AV products by installation directory
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization
- Detects VirtualBox through the presence of a registry key
- Attempts to modify proxy settings
- Attempts to access Bitcoin/ALTCoin wallets
- Attempts to create or modify system certificates
- Collects information to fingerprint the system
- Anomalous binary characteristics
How to determine Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi.F?
File Info:crc32: 08F49D2Emd5: 258cdc30c1c5739b0706fd2ac6a96588name: infostat.exesha1: e7bddf8ae2217896cd7646135932f1088f6206cbsha256: 39951bbf4d5b2a695c3e70e21685796eeb5c0fd234b71b12e37534e0741797eesha512: 2a9c8135c6ca696100480526864419c4723b59290786821e274205a1fc8207e1ae0ec46a419582a9281e08fa00913bd3f4eb3ca584fcfc8519b85c931443db83ssdeep: 12288:G46Wp8PdoGhsYy/GdITSes/oZcxGPW3st4hM4UvRcDioyD:G5doMye6TSd/oZWG8st2UvCDJyDtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:Copright: Copright (C) 2020, kacFileVersion: 18.104.22.168Translations: 0x0592 0x03dd
Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi.F also known as:
|K7AntiVirus||Trojan ( 005643101 )|
|K7GW||Trojan ( 005643101 )|
|Endgame||malicious (high confidence)|
|Cynet||Malicious (score: 100)|
|SentinelOne||DFI – Suspicious PE|
How to remove Ransom:Win32/Sodinokibi.F?
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Open GridinSoft Anti-Malware and perform a “Standard scan“.
- “Move to quarantine” all items.
- Open “Tools” tab – Press “Reset Browser Settings“.
- Select proper browser and options – Click “Reset”.
- Restart your computer.