The PUA:Win32/CCleaner is considered dangerous by lots of security experts. When this infection is active, you may notice unwanted processes in Task Manager list. In this case, it is adviced to scan your computer with GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
What PUA:Win32/CCleaner virus can do?
- Executable code extraction
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (1 unique times)
- Presents an Authenticode digital signature
- Creates RWX memory
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.
- Reads data out of its own binary image
- Drops a binary and executes it
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality
- Queries information on disks, possibly for anti-virtualization
- Checks for the presence of known windows from debuggers and forensic tools
- Collects information about installed applications
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization
- Attempts to create or modify system certificates
- Generates some ICMP traffic
- Collects information to fingerprint the system
- Anomalous binary characteristics
How to determine PUA:Win32/CCleaner?
File Info:crc32: A27E78A2md5: 5cfe04b8bc7c1ce45d18e376ad9116a7name: ccsetup544.exesha1: b8e3425089e74caf1bacc0c806c8c751b32f572esha256: fe052ad062014cbb89fb70a6a1bd9c9c324a9e4b9b46a6d9753e34d85cddf8dfsha512: cc0ea5a32a5577d5b67cb3fb3985d484ae99d86e560d6220e2ff68070ba2a29db4ba77c461cd9ae5f7eb489e381ed5c2927e4705db7c229e48506c50dde9a0e4ssdeep: 393216:Bu4PR/90eJ18DEoHXmA683cEjy0Ly9gOA5AICNkMCXX:BZPR/90K8BB68TyUkZNkBHtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows, Nullsoft Installer self-extracting archive
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright xa9 2005-2018 Piriform LtdProductName: CCleanerFileDescription: CCleaner InstallerFileVersion: 184.108.40.20675CompanyName: Piriform LtdTranslation: 0x0000 0x04b0
PUA:Win32/CCleaner also known as:
|ESET-NOD32||Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Google.D potentially unsafe|
How to remove PUA:Win32/CCleaner?
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Open GridinSoft Anti-Malware and perform a “Standard scan“.
- “Move to quarantine” all items.
- Open “Tools” tab – Press “Reset Browser Settings“.
- Select proper browser and options – Click “Reset”.
- Restart your computer.