The PUP.Optional.AuslogicsRegistryCleaner is considered dangerous by lots of security experts. When this infection is active, you may notice unwanted processes in Task Manager list. In this case, it is adviced to scan your computer with GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
What PUP.Optional.AuslogicsRegistryCleaner virus can do?
- Executable code extraction
- At least one process apparently crashed during execution
- Attempts to connect to a dead IP:Port (4 unique times)
- Presents an Authenticode digital signature
- Creates RWX memory
- A process attempted to delay the analysis task.
- At least one IP Address, Domain, or File Name was found in a crypto call
- Reads data out of its own binary image
- Drops a binary and executes it
- HTTP traffic contains suspicious features which may be indicative of malware related traffic
- Performs some HTTP requests
- Tries to suspend Cuckoo threads to prevent logging of malicious activity
- Creates or sets a registry key to a long series of bytes, possibly to store a binary or malware config
- Steals private information from local Internet browsers
- Exhibits possible ransomware file modification behavior
- Checks the version of Bios, possibly for anti-virtualization
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization
- Attempts to modify proxy settings
- Attempts to create or modify system certificates
- Collects information to fingerprint the system
How to determine PUP.Optional.AuslogicsRegistryCleaner?
File Info:crc32: 974BE2F0md5: e15c0b9b01ed1040504ad57951fbe534name: registry-cleaner-setup.exesha1: 0fd96ba6ada0f9c132bbcc044347ab1f0ae5b6d8sha256: adce40c85b36979f662e01045af6220f41c31ff6f8dce76af2d339364330e927sha512: 551f2d354785488dfada6dc410ea9ffc73efdc3727315f171f2620cde0998122e98d5a0837efbad182e32a3c0dfa72629e9d380f161db00d335198ed8ceac432ssdeep: 393216:3j+Q3sMr1w8jlSlBcutfPWMZraU//BDJxzp+v8u8PD:vsMrluyY+MZrDjzsiLtype: PE32 executable (GUI) Intel 80386, for MS Windows
Version Info:LegalCopyright: Copyright xa9 2008-2020 Auslogix98cs Labs Pty Ltd InternalName: registry-cleaner-setup FileVersion: 8.x CompanyName: Auslogix98cs Comments: This installation was built with Inno Setup.ProductName: Auslogix98cs Registry Cx98leaner ProductVersion: 220.127.116.11 FileDescription: Auslogix98cs Registry Cx98leaner Installation File OriginalFilename: registry-cleaner-setup.exe Translation: 0x0000 0x04b0
PUP.Optional.AuslogicsRegistryCleaner also known as:
|ESET-NOD32||Win32/Auslogics.AA potentially unwanted|
How to remove PUP.Optional.AuslogicsRegistryCleaner?
- Download and install GridinSoft Anti-Malware.
- Open GridinSoft Anti-Malware and perform a “Standard scan“.
- “Move to quarantine” all items.
- Open “Tools” tab – Press “Reset Browser Settings“.
- Select proper browser and options – Click “Reset”.
- Restart your computer.